Thursday, September 3, 2009

Runner, runner, wherefore art thou?

The plan was simple. Meet at 5pm at east coast and we'd do a 'quick' run and then have dinner. Mr Ong said he'd send out the invite but since he didn't, I took the initiative to send it. But as my dumb laptop died last Friday, I was working off a spare machine the last few days. So a lot of contacts and info aren't with me and I sent the invite to the wrong email address to one of our comrades and she didn't get the invite. Mr Ong, lagi best, accepted the invite but around 3ish, sent an SMS to say he can't make it as his boss asked him to do something.

Mr Sim, on the other hand, got the invite but couldn't confirm if he could make it but did say he'd try to join. So today, at 4.45pm, he said he'd run but it was a different stretch from what I had in mind and he'd be running a totally different direction and distance to what I was planning to cover.

So, I was once again the lone ranger runner for our group run. Duh! I did pretty well but not good enough. Managed 8.3km at a pace of 6:51/km in 56mins 56sec. Still can't hit my 6:30/km target.

I did the same stretch as covered last Saturday. Today the weather was better as by the time I set off, it was about 6.07pm. But the wind was pretty strong. So although it was cooling to have the wind but I could feel its resistance as I ran against the wind's direction. Guess, there can never be the perfect weather. Still have some way to go to achieve my target, but I think I can make it. I know I can try harder. Keep on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Eating You Today?

This blog is a space for me to write about my hobbies. I'd like to share where I've been to, what good food I have tasted and things that I'm passionate about. Most importantly, it is about things that stir feelings of emotions. Enjoy.