Friday, September 11, 2009

Personal QBR... 3/4 point review

How the year of the OX is turning out for me thus far:


Jan: It was a good start as I went to Seoul for shopping with friends. Spent more than my usual as the girls had fun with my 'makeover'. Best part for me was the food of course... I miss the sam gye tang. I think I'm still the slob that I am but as Mdm Coco Chanel had said - "..it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny". Point taken though may not be fully adopted at all times.


Feb: Missed that 'exciting' Phuket trip and a bunch of stuff that made me think a lot about issues I've never quite thought about and how I have been treating me, myself and I. Health and possibly 'life and living it' took an exceptionally important focus that I hope will continue to be key point for many more years to come.


Mar: House Arrest and keeping sanity; I'm a home person but being couped up at home 24/7 is no joke. I wonder how Ms Aung San Suu Kyi survived... but then again, maybe she is living in a big house that has a big garden and backyard for her to wonder around?


Apr: Gathering at my house to celebrate my 'release' - it was quite fun but unfortunately we had to end the night early as my place had a curfew to adhere. Did my 5km JP Morgan Run for second year running - which I'd shamelessly say I am yet again the most unfit person I know where even men older, fatter and 'balder' outran me effortlessly. I was panting like mad and barely made it to the finishing line. I know I've never been a long distance runner before but this was quite outrageous.  Set myself to 'correct' this blip in following months by training... resulting in me setting myself up for this objective by signing up for Standard Chartered 10km. Crazy but true. Went to Bangkok for eating and shopping with parents which was quite fun and I hope next year, we can do something with brother in tow. Went to HK for meeting and met our new dynamic CMO. 


May: My favourite month because I was in New York. I love the place; it has its quirks and is all messy and chaotic and all, but it does have its magic. Wish I could have spent more time there and if only H1N1 wasn't so prevalent, probably could have gone to Queens, Brooklyn and so many other areas of the great city. Well, I brought something extra when I came back and once again, I found myself under House Arrest. The whole H1N1 experience was painful - I'd tell anyone you won't die from the virus but you'd probably die from being couped up in isolation first before the virus gets to you. 


Jun: NY withdrawal - I miss the place. Found out CK was a closet moonwalker and that he was also a Kevin Kern fan. I enjoy irritating him and I think he secretly enjoys being irritated too.


Jul: Night at the museum (not the movie but the real gig) - one of the most interesting event I've ever been to and thank organizers for putting up such a nice idea. This is also the month where I start putting goals for 5km run, which eventually extended to 10km. Dreaming of more getaways as I suddenly crave for more holidays...


Aug: Got my Nike+iPod and started looking at distance running like Bay Run 6km and RunNUS 5km to sign up. Eventually booked myself for 10km which was something I didn't plan for... kinda fell into it, thanks to people like Daniel, Sim, Beni, Andrew, Sri.... all culprits in making me swallow more than I can bite :P But it really pushed me to train myself up and thankfully with support from my boss too :)


Sep: This is the month where we head off to Hoi An getaway with colleagues. I hope it'd be fun as most of the CEOs (chief entertainment officers) are not coming. Planning for a gathering with colleagues-in-crime at somebody's house and hopefully it'd be just as fun as the Apr one. Hope everyone who comes will have a good time. I'm going Seoul again, but for work purpose although I have planned for some personal R&R as the week I'm there would be my birthday week - I usually take PTO on my birthday but not this year :) I'd be by myself but I've always been great at self-entertaining so I think I'd do fine exploring on my own as usual.


For the next and final three months, I can't really point down what else would be in stored for me but I hope it'd something colourful and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Eating You Today?

This blog is a space for me to write about my hobbies. I'd like to share where I've been to, what good food I have tasted and things that I'm passionate about. Most importantly, it is about things that stir feelings of emotions. Enjoy.