Friday, September 4, 2009

How many user error incidents can one have in a lifetime?

What was suppose to be a 'good' Friday for me turned out to be a bummer.

I was suppose to run today, according to my nike+ coach but I had program tonight plus I know I won't be able to make it for morning run as I have a 9.30am call to make. So, I'm already feeling somewhat inbetween the whole day. Thus, I decided I'd lunch in, get back to work ASAP then target to go home around 5ish to do a quick run before I set off for the night.

Now, here is the user error incident yet again with me. When I logged in to my nike+ site, I forgot there is the US version and the SG version. What's the difference you ask? Well, the difference is that one of them calculate distance in miles and the other in kilometers.

So, silly me just logged in to the 'default' one, without checking carefully if it is miles or km they were recording and just blindly took down the distance I was suppose to cover according to the 'training plan'.

Somewhat happily came back from run and load up reading only to find that I am 2km+ short of target because what I had assumed was 4km was actually 4miles.... So that meant I was suppose to cover 6.43km or so today but I had only completed 4.12km.

But I was quite disappointed with self today also. I had set target for 5km but at around 3ish, I was feeling tired and sore already. Don't really know what's wrong... too much focus on my foot landing I lost my focus to push myself on? Am I coming down with something?

Anyway, next target on Sunday is a holy 9.53km... longest ever distance to-date. I hope I can make that one in time and in one piece... don't want the cookie to crumble, do we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Eating You Today?

This blog is a space for me to write about my hobbies. I'd like to share where I've been to, what good food I have tasted and things that I'm passionate about. Most importantly, it is about things that stir feelings of emotions. Enjoy.