Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Chicken rice

Lunch today was at Boon Tong Kee, but we went to the 'high end' one at River Valley road.

This is the one they'd go out all on presentation to impress the tourist.

We had guest today so we figured that's reason enough to eat here, instead of the usual suspects like Kia Hiang and Thanying. As usual, whenever we have guests in town, there are a few local food they'd have to be introduced to. Yesterday night, our guest had already 'met' our famous chili crab so today, we introduced her to Hainanese chicken rice which can't be found on Hainan island but only in Singapore. Just like a colleague who rightly pointed out, you can only find Singapore fried noodle overseas which you'd never find it here.

Liked most of the selection, except the ribs which our guest liked most because of the sauce. I wish there's more chicken to go around but all in all, it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Eating You Today?

This blog is a space for me to write about my hobbies. I'd like to share where I've been to, what good food I have tasted and things that I'm passionate about. Most importantly, it is about things that stir feelings of emotions. Enjoy.