Monday, June 29, 2009

the mussel guys restaurant
















Yet another lovely, satisfying dinner with great company. Went to the mussel guys restaurant in vivocity as we wanted to catch Angels & Demons before it ends its final run in 2 days' time (ok, I finally went to watch it despite not having finished the book yet, but that's another blog for another day).
I think Jac wasn't that keen to eat here (she's allergic to seafood) but the choices we had weren't great as we decided to keep our selection on level 2 near where golden village cinema was as we are prone to rather long conversations and we do have a movie to catch and thus, a timeline to meet.
We ordered most of the stuff, except mussles, ironically enough, as mentioned earlier, Jac was allergic and I wasn't quite a mussel fan (cockles - yes; oysters definitely my newly acquired 'aphrodisac'). The menu was interesting - it had steak with foie gas. Wonder if they'd be any good.
We had cream of mushrooms, chicken wings and pasta. I had prawns aglio olio and Jac had wild mushroom pasta ala alfredo style. The prawn wasn't super fresh, but it wasn't stale bad. Just your fishy seafoody smell. Reminds me of this saying, "Keep 'em fresh and you keep 'em customers coming back."
Price was alright, as expected, not too overly pricey. Good place overall, and view is nice as it overlooks the habour... I wanted to give it 2 thumbs up but other reviews of the place was bad, so I'd give it 1.5 thumbs up. May return to try the foie gas though... .


1 comment:

  1. Corrections - Jac said she likes this restaurant, so guess I misinterpreted her:)

    ReplyDelete

What's Eating You Today?

This blog is a space for me to write about my hobbies. I'd like to share where I've been to, what good food I have tasted and things that I'm passionate about. Most importantly, it is about things that stir feelings of emotions. Enjoy.